The openMDM Eclipse Working Group has published version 0.7 of the openMDM 5 framework. openMDM 5 is a kit of software components, which can be used to compose web-based applications for measurement data management systems. The source code as well as an installation guide for a demo environment are available as download under the so-called MDM|BL project, hosted by the Eclipse Foundation.
The current version of openMDM 5 already has a number of interesting features:
- Connection of several ODS data sources at the same time (the sources can be distributed).
- Navigation (Browsing) in the connected ODS data sources (up to level AO_Measurement).
- Display of meta data in detail view (view can be customized).
- Attribute-based search across all connected ODS data sources. All the data objects and attributes available in the application model are available for the user to define search queries.
- Full text-based search across all connected ODS data sources. The search results of the full text search can be filtered with the defined values and operators of the attribute-based search.
- Distinction between global (cross-source) and local (source-specific) search attributes.
- Display the search results in list views. The user can configure which attributes he would like to see in the result table.
- Shopping Basket: Collection of data objects for the later execution of actions. The data objects come either from the navigation tree or from the search result list. It is possible to store different Shopping Baskets in the system or to load exported Shopping Baskets into the system.
- Display and storage of the ASAM ODS path of selected data. The ASAM path can be used for direct access to the data with other ODS compliant applications.
- Storage of user-specific search queries.
- Storage of user-specific list views.
Data import/export functions based on openMDM 5 are not yet available. However, existing openMDM 4 importer/exporter for different data formats can be used as a temporary solution.
Interested customers and partners can request a prepared, easy-to-install demo system from Peak Solution.
Currently, further API improvements are in development at Peak Solution. The plan is to release openMDM 5 version 1.0 in October/November 2017.
Our customer is a large manufacturer of SUVs and pick-up trucks in China. The company develops all the essential components of its vehicles by itself. For this purpose, 18 test bench systems from different manufacturers are in use in the transmission department. Continue reading “Chinese car manufacturer has established an efficient test process in the transmission department”
In recent years, the globalization of automotive manufacturers and suppliers has steadily increased. This also has an impact on the test facilities. A lack in transparency of the availability of test resources frequently leads to time-consuming, cost-intensive allocation conflicts and poor capacity utilization. This is where the Peak Resource Planner takes effect. Continue reading “Test Planning: Utilization, productivity and efficiency of test facilities”
Big Data in the field of automotive testing is mainly about the analysis of huge amounts of data that result from a wide range of test benches and driving tests. The aim is to identify new patterns and correlations in these test data in order to describe a complex system of different components and to predict the future behavior of this system. In this way, e.g. it is possible to gain important insights for the development of new simulation models and to achieve considerable savings in the execution of cost-intensive tests. Among other things, the basis for this are tools for Data Mining, Predictive Analytics or Machine Learning, which are nowadays available in a large number on the market – in some cases even free of charge.
However, the use of these tools requires well-documented test data. Continue reading “Big Data in the field of automotive testing requires Test Data Governance”
Cross-site utilization of test resources, integrated test request and order processes, global access to test data and big (test) data solutions: These are the topics that are the focus of Peak Solution at Automotive Testing Expo Europe 2017 in Stuttgart (20th to 22nd of June). Continue reading “Peak Solution at Automotive Testing Expo Stuttgart 2017”
Peak Solution and PSA Groupe have agreed to collaborate on a ‘Big Data’ project. The aim is to develop a flexible and scalable solution to systematically manage and analyze the huge amount of data that results from car testing. The two partners will also incorporate into the project recommendations and results from the ASAM-BigODS Work Group.
Continue reading “Peak Solution and PSA Group collaborate for Big Data Solution”
The ASAM e.V. is currently working on a project that prepares the expansion of ASAM ODS to Big Data. Phase 1 of the project was finished successfully last year with a collection of use-cases, features and non-functional requirements of end users for processing large amounts of data throughout the automotive development process. Now, ASAM Technical Steering Committee (TSC) has approved phase 2 of the project.
Continue reading “ASAM ODS goes Big Data”