The openMDM Eclipse Working Group has published version 0.7 of the openMDM 5 framework. openMDM 5 is a kit of software components, which can be used to compose web-based applications for measurement data management systems. The source code as well as an installation guide for a demo environment are available as download under the so-called MDM|BL project, hosted by the Eclipse Foundation.
The current version of openMDM 5 already has a number of interesting features:
- Connection of several ODS data sources at the same time (the sources can be distributed).
- Navigation (Browsing) in the connected ODS data sources (up to level AO_Measurement).
- Display of meta data in detail view (view can be customized).
- Attribute-based search across all connected ODS data sources. All the data objects and attributes available in the application model are available for the user to define search queries.
- Full text-based search across all connected ODS data sources. The search results of the full text search can be filtered with the defined values and operators of the attribute-based search.
- Distinction between global (cross-source) and local (source-specific) search attributes.
- Display the search results in list views. The user can configure which attributes he would like to see in the result table.
- Shopping Basket: Collection of data objects for the later execution of actions. The data objects come either from the navigation tree or from the search result list. It is possible to store different Shopping Baskets in the system or to load exported Shopping Baskets into the system.
- Display and storage of the ASAM ODS path of selected data. The ASAM path can be used for direct access to the data with other ODS compliant applications.
- Storage of user-specific search queries.
- Storage of user-specific list views.
Data import/export functions based on openMDM 5 are not yet available. However, existing openMDM 4 importer/exporter for different data formats can be used as a temporary solution.
Interested customers and partners can request a prepared, easy-to-install demo system from Peak Solution.
Currently, further API improvements are in development at Peak Solution. The plan is to release openMDM 5 version 1.0 in October/November 2017.