In recent years, the globalization of automotive manufacturers and suppliers has steadily increased. This also has an impact on the test facilities. A lack in transparency of the availability of test resources frequently leads to time-consuming, cost-intensive allocation conflicts and poor capacity utilization. This is where the Peak Resource Planner takes effect.
The Peak Resource Planner is at the center of a software suite from Peak Solution, with which test processes can be transparently organized and controlled.
The solution provides e.g. powerful functions for the
- Planning of test series
- Definition of test orders
- Commissioning of tests (or other work tasks such as maintenance, calibration, prototype construction, etc.)
- Controlling of approval processes
- Management of various types of test resources (e.g. test benches, measuring equipment, test specimens, employees, etc.)
- Assignment of suitable test resources to test orders
- Optimization of test sequences
- Provisioning of status information from the test field
- Generation of notifications on the basis of freely definable events (e.g. test start, test interruption, test end) for different user groups
- Determination of process characteristics (KPIs)
- Management of test descriptions and test results
- Search for tests orders, test resources and test results
- Definition of role-based access permissions
- and many more
Depending on the requirements, the software can be used either as a local or global (web-based) solution. You can find an example of a global solution here: Backbone System for the global management of test orders. In both cases, the software leads to the relief of test managers in the day-to-day work as well as to the improvement of the utilization, productivity and efficiency of test facilities.
You can get a first impression of the Peak Resource Planner with our introductory videos on YouTube: