In recent years, the globalization of automotive manufacturers and suppliers has steadily increased. This also has an effect on the test facilities. Today, they are increasingly used globally and must be supported by appropriate software systems.
The Peak Resource Planner is at the center of a software suite from Peak Solution, with which test processes can be transparently organized and controlled.
The solution provides e.g. powerful functions for the
- Planning of test series
- Definition of test orders
- Commissioning of tests (or other work tasks such as maintenance, calibration, prototype construction, etc.)
- Controlling of approval processes
- Management of various types of test resources (e.g. test benches, measuring equipment, test specimens, employees, etc.)
- Assignment of suitable test resources to test orders
- Optimization of test sequences
- Provisioning of status information from the test field
- Generation of notifications on the basis of freely definable events (e.g. test start, test interruption, test end) for different user groups
- Determination of process characteristics (KPIs)
- Management of test descriptions and test results
- Search of tests orders, test resources and test results
- Definition of role-based access permissions
- and many more
Depending on the requirements, the software can be used either as a local or global (web-based) solution. You can find an example of a global solution here: Backbone System for the global management of test orders. In both cases, the software leads to the relief of test managers in the day-to-day work as well as to the improvement of the utilization, productivity and efficiency of test facilities.
You can get a first impression of the Peak Resource Planner with our introductory videos on YouTube: